HMV Consultancy is founded by me, Henno Vermeulen. I am a freelance software consultant specialized in Java technology. Besides a master's degree in informatics (Applied Computing Science) I have attained master's degrees in both physics and mathematics.
Java specialist with a passion for programming from an early age (Basic, Turbo Pascal, C++ and inline assembly). I am an analytical thinker, motivated and dedicated to create high quality software by using the industry's best practices.
Good communication skills, functioning well in a Scrum team. I actively participate with the customer and team members to analyse the business requirements and implement the right technical solution. By having a critical attitude I am able to report possible impediments in time. Through continuous self-study I keep my skills up to date in order to optimally use them for the benefit of my clients.
Skills and technologies
- Core Java
- Lambda's and streams
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE7 Programmer)
- Requirements analysis
- Object-oriented modelling, architecture and design
- Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) from Scrum.org
- Test-driven development with JUnit
- Spring Framework
- Continuous integration with Jenkins CI
- Build engineering using Maven and Ant
- Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP)